Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
18 Jun 1987
Sport GuidesWATER POLO
Sean Ryder competed in WATER POLO
Did you know?
- There are seven players in a water polo team. Matches consist of four periods, each of them eight minutes long.
- A team has just 30 seconds to attempt to score before the ball is returned to the opposition.
- Players aren’t allowed to touch the sides or the bottom of the pool during play, and may swim as much as three miles during a match.
- At London 2012, matches are taking place in the brand new Water Polo Arena, constructed specially for the Games immediately next to the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park.
- Water polo first appeared at the Olympics in 1900. Great Britain won four of the first five Olympic tournaments but Hungary are the sport's most successful nation, winning 15 medals, including nine golds.
|6 Aug||Men's Water Polo Group B Match 29||—|
|4 Aug||Men's Water Polo Group B Match 20||—|
|2 Aug||Men's Water Polo Group B Match 16||—|
|31 Jul||Men's Water Polo Group B Match 7||—|
|29 Jul||Men's Water Polo Group B Match 5||—|
More Athletes from Team GB
- One to watch Luke Campbell Boxing Medallist
- Alan Campbell Rowing Medallist
- Scott Brash Equestrian Medallist
- Richard Chambers Rowing Medallist
- Ed Clancy Cycling - Track Medallist
- Kieron Achara Basketball
- Charles Cousins Rowing
- Jonathan Clarke Hockey
- Jack Cork Football
- Richard Buck Athletics
- David Carry Swimming
- Oluwadamilola Bakare Volleyball
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB