Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
31 Aug 1989
Sport GuidesTABLE TENNIS
Matiss Burgis competed in TABLE TENNIS
Did you know?
- Table tennis is one of the world's largest participation sports, with 40 million players worldwide. It became an Olympic sport in 1988.
- There are two singles and two team events at London 2012, all using a knock-out format.
- Singles matches are played over the best of seven games, with the first player to 11 points (by a margin of two clear points) winning each game.
- Team matches consist of four singles and one doubles match, each played over the best of five games.
- The Chinese dominate the global game; they have won all five titles at each of the last four World Championships.
|29 Jul||Men's Singles Second Round, Match 3||—|
|28 Jul||Men's Singles First Round, Match 3||Won|
More Athletes from Latvia
- Martins Plavins Beach Volleyball Medallist
- Uvis Kalnins Swimming
- Jevgenijs Borodavko Judo
- Rihards Veide Cycling - BMX
- Valerijs Zolnerovics Athletics
- Igors Sokolovs Athletics
- Aleksejs Rumjancevs Canoe Sprint
- Igors Kazakevics Athletics
- Armands Zvirbulis Wrestling
- Maris Urtans Athletics
- Arnis Rumbenieks Athletics
- Aleksejs Saramotins Cycling - Road
Head to Head
Matiss Burgis vs Paul Drinkhall
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB