Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
30 Sep 1990
Courtney Hurley competed in FENCING
Did you know?
- Three types of weapon are used in Olympic fencing - the foil, epee and sabre.
- Point scoring varies from weapon to weapon but all 10 fencing competitions use a knock-out format.
- Individual fencing bouts last for three rounds of three minutes each, or until one fencer has scored 15 hits against their opponent.
- In the team events, teams of three fencers compete against their opponents over a series of nine bouts, with the aim of accumulating a maximum of 45 hits.
- Between 1932 and 1960, Hungarian fencer Aladar Gerevich won a phenomenal six consecutive gold medals - a feat no other Olympian has managed.
|4 Aug||Women's Team Epee Bronze Medal Match||Won|
|4 Aug||Women's Team Epee Semi-finals, Bout 1||—|
|4 Aug||Women's Team Epee Quarter-finals, Bout 2||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's Individual Epee Round of 32, Bout 7||—|
More Athletes from Team USA
- One to watch Natalie Coughlin Swimming Medallist
- Nicole Davis Volleyball Medallist
- Clarissa Kyoko Mei Ling Chun Wrestling Medallist
- Lauren Cheney Football Medallist
- Alyssa Anderson Swimming Medallist
- Keshia Baker Athletics Medallist
- Nicole Barnhart Football Medallist
- Kelci Bryant Diving Medallist
- Janet Cherobon-Bawcom Athletics
- Julie Culley Athletics
- Katie Bell Diving
- Stephanie Brown Trafton Athletics
Head to Head
Courtney Hurley vs Corinna Lawrence
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB