Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
01 Dec 1982
Khasan Baroev competed in WRESTLING
Did you know?
- There are two wrestling disciplines: Greco-Roman and freestyle. In both, the aim is to force the back of the opponent's shoulders on to the ground.
- In Greco-Roman wrestling, athletes are only allowed to use their arms and upper bodies to pin their opponent, while in freestyle wrestling any part of the body may be used.
- Bouts can last for a maximum of three periods of two minutes, with a 30-second break in between.
- The heaviest ever Olympic wrestler was American Chris Mason, who weighed 29.4 stones when he took part in the 1972 super-heavyweight freestyle competition.
- By contrast, the first ever women’s Olympic wrestling champion - Irini Merleni of the Ukraine in 2004 - was just 4 feet 11 inches tall.
|6 Aug||Men's 120kg Greco-Roman Qualification, Match 15||—|
More Athletes from Russian Federation
- Semen Antonov Basketball Medallist
- Sergei Fesikov Swimming Medallist
- Apti Aukhadov Weightlifting Medallist
- Aleksandr Balandin Gymnastics - Artistic
- David Belyavskiy Gymnastics - Artistic
- Egor Degtyarev Swimming
- Sergey Fedorovtsev Rowing
- Valeriy Borchin Athletics
- Yuriy Borzakovskiy Athletics
- Nikolay Davydenko Tennis
- Grigoriy Andreev Athletics
- Pavel Bykov Fencing
Head to Head
Khasan Baroev vs Andres Antonio Ayub Valenzuela
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Andres Antonio Ayub Valenzuela
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB