Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Lely Berlitt Burgos Ortiz
Date of birth
06 Jun 1985
Lely Berlitt Burgos Ortiz competed in WEIGHTLIFTING
Did you know?
- Weightlifting was part of the very first Olympics in 1896 but it wasn’t until 2000 that women were allowed to compete at the Games.
- Final placings are based on the total weight lifted in the two different lifts: the snatch and the clean & jerk.
- The snatch involves lifting the weight above the head in one movement; the clean & jerk allows the weightlifter to raise the weight above the head in two movements.
- Each lifter is allowed three attempts at the snatch and three attempts at the clean and jerk, with their best lift in each discipline counting towards their total.
- When a tie occurs, the athlete with the lower bodyweight is declared the winner. There are 15 medal events in total.
|28 Jul||Women's 48kg Group A||11||157 kg|
More Athletes from Puerto Rico
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB