Tottenham: Deadline over decision on Wembley move is extended until end of April

Media playback is not supported on this device

Tottenham Hotspur are due to move into their new stadium next year

Tottenham have agreed an extension until 30 April on their decision to play home games at Wembley next season.

The club said it had been agreed "to give ourselves greater flexibility before making the final decision on the decommissioning of White Hart Lane".

Spurs said their "intention remains" to move to Wembley for 2017-2018, "before returning to our new stadium in Tottenham for the 2018-19 season".

They had been due to notify the Football Association by Friday.

Chairman Daniel Levy has previously said the club was seeking "greater certainty" over the delivery of the new stadium, before committing to the move.

Spurs have played Champions League and Europa League ties at Wembley this term but won one of just four games at the national stadium as they made early exits in both competitions.

Should they decide to stay at their current ground next season, they would likely play home games at Wembley the following year before moving into the new 61,000-seater stadium in time for the 2019-20 campaign.

The Premier League club's new ground is being built next to their existing home.

Top Stories

Get Inspired Activity Finder

Run by the BBC and partners

Find ways to get active near you: