Scunthorpe United 2-1 Walsall
Scunthorpe won their first league game of the season as they edged past fellow strugglers Walsall.
A solo effort from Hakeeb Adelukan gave Scunthorpe the lead as he fired right-footed past Richard O'Donnell.
Gary McSheffrey then curled a 25-yard free-kick into the top corner for his first goal since re-joining The Iron.
Tom Bradshaw, having been foiled earlier by keeper Bobby Olejnik, capitalised on a defensive mix-up to pull one back, but Scunthorpe held on.
Scunthorpe manager Russ Wilcox told BBC Radio Humberside:
"I think the main talking points are the goals. You're not going to see two better goals in a game, I certainly haven't for a long, long time.
"A lot of aspects of our game have been encouraging, but we have to be better in that final third. Again, first-half we created some great openings, it was just that final cross, the final decision or the weight of the final pass that just wasn't there.
"It gives us something to build on, we had the point at Yeovil, so we've picked up four points in the last two league games which is very encouraging."
- 24O'NeillBooked at 60mins
- 14HawkridgeSubstituted forKeeat 68'minutesBooked at 69mins
- 12BishopBooked at 86mins
- 9MaddenSubstituted forMyrie-Williamsat 87'minutes
- 28McSheffreyBooked at 56minsSubstituted forSparrowat 90+1'minutes
- 15ChambersSubstituted forHoldenat 8'minutes
- 24GrimesSubstituted forBaxendaleat 41'minutesBooked at 45mins
- 26B CliffordBooked at 69mins
- 27FordeSubstituted forMorrisat 77'minutes
- Andy Davies
- Shots on Target