West Brom 1-1 Oxford Utd (WBA win 7-6 on pens)
West Brom were pushed all the way by League Two side Oxford United in the second round of the Capital One Cup.
The Baggies won 7-6 on penalties after Oxford skipper Jake Wright had seen his effort saved by Boaz Myhill and Jason Davidson kept his cool with the decisive spot-kick.
Alan Irvine's men took the lead when Jonny Mullins turned into his own net.
Oxford, who have scored just once in four League Two defeats this season, levelled through Danny Hylton late on.
|The Baggies march on|
|West Brom have won 13 and lost just two of their last 15 matches against teams from a lower division.|
Junior Brown was sent off in extra-time for the visitors, meaning they were hanging on by the time the penalty shootout arrived.
They appeared to have a chance of an upset when James Morrison and Brown Ideye missed their spot-kicks, but Myhill guessed right to deny Michael Collins and Tom Newey.
The tie was sealed when Wright fired at the Baggies keeper and Davidson buried the winner.
West Brom entertain Hull in the third round.
- 4BairdSubstituted forGamboaat 105'minutes
- 11BruntSubstituted forMorrisonat 64'minutes
- 29SessegnonSubstituted forMulumbuat 78'minutes
- 21CrocombeBooked at 119mins
- 7RoseSubstituted forJakubiakat 70'minutes
- 6WrightBooked at 117mins
- 25RileySubstituted forHuntat 45'minutes
- 8BrownBooked at 112mins
- 9MorrisSubstituted forHoskinsat 81'minutes
- James Adcock
- Shots on Target