Partick Thistle 1-2 Hamilton Accies

Jason Scotland snatched a late victory for Hamilton against Partick Thistle at Firhill in the Scottish Premiership.

Kallum Higginbotham's spectacular strike from distance in the 85th minute broke the deadlock for the hosts.

But two minutes later, Hamilton substitute Tony Andreu struck from 12 yards out to level.

Just as it looked like ending all-square, another sub, Scotland, netted to earn promoted Accies their third consecutive league win.

The three points puts Accies into second place in the Scottish Premiership with nine points from their first four matches, while Thistle slip to eighth on four points.

It was the first time the sides had met in the top tier of Scottish football in almost 50 years, but the match did not live up to its billing as a meeting of two in-form teams.

Louis Longridge should have put Accies in front after only three minutes when he was clean through with only Paul Gallacher to beat.

But the Thistle keeper advanced quickly to turn the shot around a post.

Thistle's only real effort of the opening period was a Gary Fraser free kick from 30 yards which was comfortably saved by Michael McGovern.

Mickael Antoine-Curier should have done better for Accies when Darian MacKinnon's neat pass set him up inside the box, but the striker delayed his shot and was denied by the Jags' defence.

At the other end, Ryan Stevenson missed two good chances in the space of a few minutes before the break. His first effort was blocked by a solid challenge from Grant Gillespie and the second saw him collect a Dale Keenan pass and fire straight at McGovern.

Stevenson then put Fraser through with headed pass but the Thistle midfielder pulled his shot wide of the far post.

Three minutes after the interval, Thistle provided entertaining piece of play to create a chance for Steven Lawless.

Conrad Balatoni, Dale Keenan and Higginbotham all combined before the latter's cutback found Lawless 10 yards out and his first-time strike with the left foot was pushed away by McGovern.

If the Accies keeper was impressive on that occasion, he almost slipped up a few minutes later when he dropped a cross from Stephen O'Donnell.

But he managed to recover quickly to smother the ball before Stevenson could pounce.

Gillespie was booked for a foul on Lawless just outside the box, and, from the resulting free kick Higginbotham curled his effort wide of the left-hand post.

Balatoni produced an excellent piece of defending to slide the ball away from Ali Crawford as he was about to pick his spot.

A magnificent save from the feet of Gallacher prevented Crawford giving Accies the lead after latching onto Daniel Redmond's cross.

With five minutes remaining, Higginbotham blasted Thistle in front with terrific strike into the top corner from 20 yards.

The home side may have thought the goal would have secured the victory, but Accies had other ideas.

Andreu equalised with three minutes remaining before fellow substitute Scotland pounced on a mistake by Balatoni and drilled a shot past Gallacher to clinch the win.