Dumbarton 4-1 Hamilton Academical
Ten-man Hamilton Academical relinquished top spot in the Scottish Championship as Dumbarton recorded an emphatic victory.
Scott Agnew set the hosts on their way with a direct free-kick that sneaked beyond Kevin Cuthbert.
Jason Scotland equalised on the turn just before the break.
But Colin Nish headed Sons ahead and, after Accies player-manager Alex Neil was sent off, Mitch Megginson and Jordan Kirkpatrick sealed the win.
It ended Accies' 11-match unbeaten run, their second-half wastefulness costing them dear before Nish put Sons ahead with 13 minutes to play.
With Neil having departed for violent conduct, Accies fell apart in the last five minutes as Megginson's cool finish and Kirkpatrick's finish after being set up by Nish.
The Sons now hold Accies' fate in their hands as they travel to face new leaders Dundee, who defeated Alloa Athletic 3-0, in their final game of the season next weekend.
Hamilton, of course, must beat bottom side Morton at home in their last game to have any chance of overhauling the Dens side, who are now two points ahead at the top.
- 7GilhaneyBooked at 83mins
- 8AgnewSubstituted forKirkpatrickat 75'minutes
- 14FlemingSubstituted forKaneat 81'minutes
- 12PruntySubstituted forNishat 62'minutes
- 6GillespieSubstituted forAntoine-Curierat 76'minutes
- 17LongridgeSubstituted forKeatingsat 67'minutes
- 10NeilBooked at 83mins
- 11CrawfordSubstituted forRoutledgeat 90'minutes
- 22AndreuBooked at 83mins
- George Salmond
- Shots on Target