Sheffield United 1-0 Rotherham United
A last-minute Ben Davies penalty earned Sheffield United victory over South Yorkshire rivals Rotherham.
With one eye on their FA Cup semi-final against Hull on Sunday, Blades manager Nigel Clough made eight changes to the side that drew 1-1 with Leyton Orient.
And his young side won it at the death, when Davies slotted home from the spot after Millers defender Craig Morgan clattered Harry Maguire.
The result brought to an end Rotherham's 16 game unbeaten run.
It also means Steve Evans's side are now nine points off the automatic promotion places, after second-place Brentford beat Crawley.
Sheffield United remain 11th, eight points off the play-off places with five games left to play.
It was in-form Rotherham who had the best efforts on goal in the first half, but James Tavernier and Tom Hitchcock were both denied by keeper George Long.
Alex Revell then headed straight at Long and also put a thumping drive wide.
The visitors had two penalty appeals waved away just after the restart and in the end it was the Blades who found the winner.
- 22DaviesBooked at 90mins
- 42DimaioSubstituted forCoadyat 87'minutes
- 11BaxterSubstituted forReedat 74'minutes
- 3HarrisBooked at 40minsSubstituted forKhanat 64'minutes
- 20MorganBooked at 89mins
- 15MilsomBooked at 6minsSubstituted forO'Connorat 52'minutes
- 35HitchcockSubstituted forThomasat 74'minutes
- 18PringleSubstituted forVuckicat 83'minutes
- Mike Dean
- Shots on Target