Exeter City 0-1 Accrington Stanley
Accrington's Kayode Odejayi bundled home the only goal of a poor game against Exeter to move the visitors clear of League Two's relegation zone.
Stanley's Adam Buxton had seen a shot deflect just wide before Exeter failed to clear Lee Molyneux's corner.
Odejayi poked home from the resulting scramble in the six-yard area.
Exeter improved in the second half but failed to test visiting goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli until Liam Sercombe's 90th-minute free-kick, which was saved.
The result leaves the Grecians seven points clear of 23rd-placed Northampton while Stanley move up to 14th.
Accrington manager James Beattie told BBC Radio Lancashire:
"The players will surprise a lot of people but they don't surprise me. They never know when to lie down and they're a tremendous bunch. It makes me very proud to be their manager.
"Kayode does some excellent work outside the box and he's got to get himself in between the sticks.
"It's not a pretty goal but it's one that's secured us three points."
- 35GillSubstituted forGrimesat 60'minutes
- 8OakleySubstituted forParkinat 68'minutes
- 20NicholsSubstituted forO'Flynnat 69'minutes
- 23BuxtonSubstituted forLiddleat 45'minutes
- 10HatfieldSubstituted forMingoiaat 54'minutes
- 24OdejayiSubstituted forWindassat 84'minutes
- Oliver Langford
- Shots on Target