Plymouth Argyle 0-4 York City
Ten-man Plymouth suffered their first defeat in four games as John McCombe scored twice in York's comfortable win at Home Park.
Plymouth had defender Neal Trotman sent off for a professional foul on Ryan Bowman in the box after 11 minutes.
Wes Fletcher scored from the spot with McCombe doubling the lead on half-time, heading home Bowman's cross.
York added two more after the break when McCombe poked in from a corner before Josh Carson made it 4-0 late on.
VIEW FROM THE CHANGING ROOM
York City boss Nigel Worthington told BBC Radio York:
"Plymouth's always a very tough place to come and whether it's for or against you, you never like to see a player getting sent off.
"I've been in that situation many times before when I've either been down to 10 with my own team as a player or manager or the opposition's been down and they can make it very difficult.
"Plymouth kept their shape and kept working hard but the one thing we had to do at half-time was make sure we stayed professional and keeping doing things simple.
"Great credit to the players, we did that."
- 16TrotmanBooked at 11mins
- 20BantonSubstituted forN Thomasat 55'minutesBooked at 90mins
- 9ReidBooked at 80mins
- 8BocoSubstituted forBerryat 54'minutes
- 19N Thomas
- 10PennBooked at 22minsSubstituted forMontroseat 79'minutes
- 15LoweBooked at 65mins
- 16McCombeBooked at 20mins
- 12CarsonBooked at 90mins
- 9FletcherSubstituted forCoulsonat 67'minutes
- 19BowmanSubstituted forDickinsonat 90+1'minutes
- Charles Breakspear
- Shots on Target