Preston North End 2-0 Notts County
New Preston North End loan signing Craig Davies made a promising start at Deepdale by scoring on his debut to help beat struggling Notts County.
The on-loan Bolton Wanderers striker fired into the top corner from 20 yards to give Preston a 65th-minute lead.
Davies was then involved again six minutes later when he was hauled down in the box by Jack Grealish.
Joe Garner scored from the spot to wrap up a convincing win which drops Notts into the relegation zone.
North End stay fourth, nine points adrift of the League One automatic promotion places.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Preston assistant manager Glynn Snodin told BBC Radio Lancashire:
"The first half wasn't so good from our point of view. We've got standards at this club and we fell below them in the first half.
"We want to make this place a fortress. We're happy at the end of the game, but only for 45 minutes.
"We know Craig [Davies] is powerful and strong and can cause defences problems. He's got a good eye for goal."
- 11HolmesSubstituted forKeaneat 89'minutes
- 17DaviesSubstituted forHumeat 78'minutes
- 12GallagherSubstituted forHumphreyat 82'minutes
- 29RobertsBooked at 61mins
- 3SheehanBooked at 54mins
- 22FotheringhamSubstituted forMullinsat 66'minutes
- 5SmithBooked at 70mins
- 7GrealishBooked at 86mins
- 9ShowunmiSubstituted forAppiahat 65'minutes
- Tony Harrington
- Shots on Target