Ajax 1-0 PSV
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson scored a second-half winner as Ajax defeated struggling PSV Eindhoven to remain top of the Dutch Eredivisie on goal difference.
The Iceland striker scored the only goal of the game in the 64th minute when he headed in a cross from Denmark midfielder Lasse Schoene.
Ajax now have 40 points after 19 games, along with second-placed Vitesse Arnhem, who won 2-1 at Zwolle.
Twenty-one time champions PSV are in eighth, 14 points behind the leaders.
They have not finished outside the top three since the 2008-09 season.
PSV were better than Ajax in the first half of the match, with striker Jurgen Locadia guilty of missing two good chances, before the Amsterdam club fought back after the break and notched their 12th win of the season thanks to Sigthorsson's effort.
- 2van Rhijn
- 25SereroSubstituted forPoulsenat 86'minutes
- 9SigthorssonSubstituted forHoesenat 76'minutes
- 33ParkSubstituted forHiljemarkat 83'minutes
- 6MaherSubstituted forBakkaliat 86'minutes
- 23RuizSubstituted forNarsinghat 75'minutes
- Bjorn Kuipers
- Shots on Target