Chesterfield 4-0 Bury
Chesterfield punished 10-man Bury with three second-half goals in a thumping win to remain third in the league.
Gary Roberts put the hosts ahead, powering the ball into the roof of the net after missing two earlier chances.
Bury's Danny Mayor was shown a straight red card for a lunge on Matty Brown before the break.
Jay O'Shea added the second with a 25-yard effort before Marc Richards struck from close range and new signing Dan Gardner broke away for a debut goal.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Chesterfield manager Paul Cook told BBC Radio Sheffield:
"Obviously, the sending off in the first half - they're always big talking points in football - enhanced our chances of winning the game. We took advantage of that and went on to play very well on the day.
"We've tried to go back to what we were about early on in the season - about moving the ball and having the belief in our play.
"If Jay O'Shea gets in the last third of the pitch he's unplayable. What we must do is ensure that those players get in that area of the pitch."
- 3SmithBooked at 14minsSubstituted forHumphreysat 56'minutes
- 10O'SheaBooked at 66mins
- 12RyanBooked at 17mins
- 2BanksSubstituted forGnanduilletat 71'minutes
- 11RobertsSubstituted forGardnerat 79'minutes
- 5CameronBooked at 9minsSubstituted forSoaresat 45'minutes
- 6ProctorSubstituted forObadeyiat 72'minutes
- 9ForresterSubstituted forGrimesat 81'minutes
- 15MayorBooked at 45mins
- Tony Harrington
- Shots on Target