Carlisle United 0-1 Preston North End
Josh Brownhill struck his second goal in three games as Preston North End beat Carlisle United at Brunton Park.
The teenage midfielder found the top corner just before the break with a right-foot shot from 20 yards.
That secured North End's first win in three matches to cement their place in League One's top six.
Simon Grayson's Preston went close to a second on more than one occasion as they handed out a second successive defeat for Graham Kavanagh's Carlisle.
Apart from a first-half Max Ehmer effort ruled out for offside, despite having plenty of possession, Carlisle could not breach a solid defence, keeper Declan Rudd coming to North End's rescue to keep out Tom Lawrence's thumping drive.
North End went close through Chris Humphrey, who cut in from the right to fire just wide, before Jack King's point-blank header was kept out by a brilliant instinctive save by home keeper Amos.
- 32MorrisSubstituted forGuyat 79'minutesBooked at 84mins
- 12ThirlwellSubstituted forNobleat 85'minutes
- 6BuabenSubstituted forChantlerat 70'minutes
- 37KilkennySubstituted forKeaneat 90+1'minutes
- 7HumphreySubstituted forHolmesat 81'minutes
- 12GallagherSubstituted forLairdat 83'minutes
- Eddie Ilderton
- Shots on Target