Swindon Town 2-0 Notts County
Two first-half goals helped Swindon Town to a third successive win to leave Notts County floundering in the League One bottom four.
Nile Ranger put the Robins ahead on 11 minutes, firing Alex Pritchard's cross high into the net from close range.
Mustapha Dumbuya then brought down Nathan Byrne in the box to allow Dany N'Guessan the chance to slot home a 28th-minute penalty.
Ranger's strike was his fourth goal of the season - but his first in a month.
N'Guessan is now the Robins' sole top scorer with five for the campaign.
Notts striker Danny Haynes thought he had reduced the deficit 13 minutes before half time when his effort was ruled out for offside.
Haynes then blazed a late penalty over the bar following Yaser Kasim's foul on Callum McGregor.
But Swindon had gone even closer to a third goal early in the second half when Byrne fired against a post after following up Pritchard's free-kick.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Swindon Town manager Mark Cooper told BBC Wiltshire:
"Two-nil is a horrible scoreline. It was very, very risky.
"If they score it becomes an interesting game and I just felt that we had so many chances to kill the game.
"It made us have a nervous spell in the second half.
"But we played very well again. Football-wise, we were controlled and passed the ball very well, and with a purpose."
- 2ThompsonSubstituted forBarthramat 45'minutes
- 14McEveleyBooked at 23mins
- 11PritchardSubstituted forMasonat 77'minutes
- 15KasimBooked at 90mins
- 12N'GuessanSubstituted forEl-Gabbasat 70'minutes
- 6LeacockSubstituted forSmithat 45'minutes
- 16LabadieBooked at 26minsSubstituted forHaberat 45'minutes
- 28BoucaudBooked at 13mins
- 14CoombesBooked at 53minsSubstituted forBellat 61'minutes
- Darren Deadman
- Shots on Target