DJ Campbell denies Steve Bruce claim he walked out on Hull talks
DJ Campbell has denied accusations from Hull boss Steve Bruce that he walked out on talks to meet Blackburn Rovers by claiming he was going to get lunch.
Campbell remains with QPR after failing to finalise a deal at Ewood Park before the deadline on Thursday.
The 31-year-old striker tweeted: "Just for the record, all this I'm hearing about me is complete rubbish.
"I drove four hours to Hull and gave them hours to sort the deal, instead they wasted mine & my family's time."
Bruce signed Campbell for Birmingham City in 2006 when he was manager there and said earlier this month that he was hopeful of bringing the striker to the club.
The Hull boss was not present at negotiations with the player as he was attending a work permit hearing for Egyptian signings Mohamed Nagy and Ahmed Fathi in London.
"The way they handled the situation, saying they were going for lunch and then going to Blackburn, was shocking," Bruce told BBC Radio Humberside.
"We were left trying to find out where they were for the best part of two hours.
"I've got absolutely no problem with him going to Blackburn if they'd just phoned and said 'thanks for your offer but we've had a wonderful offer from Blackburn'.
"The lack of respect by him and his representatives left a bad taste in the mouth."
The Tigers, who are third in the Championship, travel to Millwall on Saturday.