Carlos Tevez could play 'within weeks' says Man City boss
Carlos Tevez could be playing for Manchester City within "two to three weeks" after manager Roberto Mancini accepted his apology to the club.
The 28-year-old took a three-month unauthorised leave of absence from City after a row with Mancini in September.
Striker Tevez returned to the club last week and on Tuesday apologised "sincerely and unreservedly".
Mancini said: "I've accepted his apology. I think he needs two to three weeks to train, then some games."
And he added: "I'm happy with what Carlos said. Tomorrow I'll talk to him."
Tevez said in Tuesday's statement: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions have caused offence."
He also withdrew his appeal against the club's disciplinary proceedings taken against him following the confrontation in September.
The club took action after claiming the striker refused to warm up and come on as a substitute in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.
Mancini told ESPN: "One week after Munich I called him to my house and said, 'Carlos, apologise to everyone and it's finished. I have no problem'."
On Tuesday, Manchester City legend Dennis Tueart told the BBC that Tevez would now be "fourth choice" striker, adding: "If Sergio Aguero keeps producing the goods he has all season, Tevez won't get a game."
Tevez, who had been in Argentina since November, claimed there had been a misunderstanding in Munich.
Immediately after the incident, Mancini had claimed the Argentine was "finished" at City.
Tevez was suspended and later fined for misconduct before he flew back to South America to begin his unauthorised leave on 7 November, a move that has cost him nearly £10m in salary, fines and lost bonus payments.
During his three-month absence, the former Manchester United and West Ham striker was linked with transfer window moves to AC Milan, Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain but failed to secure a switch away from Manchester.
West Ham chairman David Gold has also revealed his club made a number of attempts to bring Tevez back to Upton Park on loan.
Earlier this month relations seemed to have thawed and Mancini named the Argentine in his 25-man squad for the rest of the season.