Samson Siasia withdraws legal action against NFF
Ex-Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has withdrawn his legal action against the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), following his sacking last month.
The former international has backed his successor Stephen Keshi to succeed in the Super Eagles post.
Siasia sued the NFF for breach of contract after he was fired for failing to qualify for the 2012 Cup of Nations.
With some few days before the hearing, Siasia has had a change of heart, insisiting he wants to look ahead.
"I have decided to withdraw my court action against the NFF and that is the end of it," Siasia told BBC Sport on Thursday.
The 44-year-old's lawyers served his former employer with an 'originating summons' following his dismissal from the post.
"Ultimately, I want to move on in life. We we all learn and grow up everyday," he said.
Siasia swiftly backed his successor and believes his former team-mate Keshi will prosper as the new coach of Nigeria.
He believes the rebuilding work he started but could not finish can help propel the team under Keshi's guidance.
"I can only wish him [Keshi] all the best in the job," Siasia continued.
"There's no doubt it's a great challenge but he's experienced enough to succeed and hopefully take the team to where the fans want them to be.
"He's certainly a big name and come this time next year he'll be a successful manager and make Nigeria fly again."
Last month, the NFF sacked Siasia after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the continent's flagship tournament for the first time since the 1986 edition in Egypt.
Siasia was a popular choice after he guided Nigeria to the final of the 2005 Fifa Under-20 World Cup in the Netherlands and then the final of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
However, he fell out of favour after his team could only draw 2-2 with Guinea in Abuja earlier this month in a match Nigeria needed to win to stand a chance of qualifying for the Nations Cup in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
Former Nigeria skipper Stephen Keshi has since been named as his replacement.