Brian Magee positive despite defeat by Mikkel Kessler

Media playback is not supported on this device

Magee not ready to hang up gloves

Brian Magee says he is not ready to retire despite being stopped inside three rounds by Mikkel Kessler in Denmark on Saturday night.

Champion Magee was floored twice by body shots in the second round before the WBA super-middleweight contest was halted in the third.

"It was frustrating I was not able to showcase what I can to," said Magee.

"I matched him for speed and power but it was that one body shot and there was no way I could recover from it."

While not stating that he would definitely carry on boxing, the 37-year-old Northern Irishman said he was feeling positive and wanted to weigh up his options.

"It depends on the size of the carrot dangled in front of me. When you have fought in front of thousands as the top of the bill, you do want to drop down ," he added.

"If I had been beaten up for 12 rounds and gone out of the ring with my tail between my legs it might be different.

"The Kessler fight was a big opportunity and the rewards were there.

"It was an achievement to get to that elite, world level and I am proud of myself.

"I could have defended my title against any one of 15 fighters but decided to pick one of the best in my generation."