Wimbledon 2013: Jonny Marray has no complaints about exit

Jonathan Marray had no complaints after his reign as Wimbledon men's doubles champion ended in the third round of this year's competition.

Sheffield's Marray and new partner Colin Fleming lost 7-6 (7-5) 7-5 6-3 to Robert Lindstedt and Daniel Nestor.

Marray said: "The guys we played were a little bit better than us on the day, served really well and didn't give us a look in on their service games.

"It's just down to who performs better on the day and they did that today."

Marray added that he relished the warm welcome that he and Scotland's Fleming received from a packed crowd surrounding Court Seven.

Jonathan Marray and Heather Watson

Marray and Watson had received a bye in the first round of the mixed doubles

"We got a great reception and we had done for our previous two rounds as well. All the Brits got behind us and it's great fun to play in front of. The support has been great so we're just a bit disappointed we couldn't give them more to shout about."

Despite the end of his time as holder of the men's doubles title, Marray told BBC Radio Sheffield he would always remember the past 12 months fondly.

"It's been fantastic. To win here last year was a massive thing for me and I am very proud of that. It has given me a lot of opportunities this year with the tournaments I've been playing in and I've really enjoyed being a Wimbledon champion.

"I'll always have it for the rest of my life. Obviously I would have liked to go a bit further in this year's tournament but it wasn't to be."

Marray's 2013 Wimbledon ended later on Monday when he and Heather Watson were knocked out of the mixed doubles 2-6 6-3 6-3 by 14th seeds David Marrero and Kimiko Date-Krumm.

Speaking before that defeat about his plans, Marray said: "We will just have a little break now and move on to the hard court season in America, nice and fresh and ready to go."