Wimbledon archive: Henman disqualified for hitting ball girl
Tim Henman, alongside Jeremy Bates, become the first players to be disqualified from a tournament in the Open era when the former British number one accidentally hits a ball girl on the ear at Wimbledon in 1995.
Henman reacted to netting a volley by belting the ball in anger, and the umpire decided to end the game with their opponents Henrik Holm and Jeff Tarango progressing through to the second round.
On Sunday David Nalbandian was disqualified from the Aegon Championships final after injuring a line judge by kicking an advertising board into his shin.
Available to UK users only.
More from tennis
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Sterling 'motivated by trophies not money'
- Watch video Raheem Sterling - the extended interview
- Watch video Watch jockey Lewis Ferguson's spectacular fall
- Watch video England 'upset' with first-half display
- Watch video Bale's basketball half-court hat-trick
- Watch video McGregor defends mixed martial arts