Sarah Stevenson dedicates success to female world champions
Beijing Olympic taekwondo bronze medallist Sarah Stevenson says she was "shocked" to win the Sunday Times Sports Woman of the Year Award.
The 28-year-old fighter from Doncaster took four months away from the sport at the beginning of the year to care for her terminally ill parents , but returned for the World Championships in South Korea in May - where she claimed an emotional gold medal .
BBC Sport's Nick Hope spoke to Stevenson after the fighter saw off the challenge of jockey Hayley Turner, 800m freestyle world champion Rebecca Adlington and Open Water World Champion Keri-Anne Payne .
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video De Gea & Navas 'two messed up keepers'
- Watch video Hacker outlines his 'trans-fur targets'
- Watch video Weather: Cloudy with a chance of Pog?
- Watch video Berahino hasn't been this unhappy since...
- Watch video Austin stays at QPR, Saints sign Van Dijk
- Watch video De Gea situation is ludicrous - Kilbane