Swimming legend Mark Spitz backs Big Splash mile
The BBC Big Splash campaign receives backing from legendary United States swimmer Mark Spitz, who won nine Olympic gold medals in a glittering career, including seven golds at the Munich Games in 1972.
The Big Splash Mile for Sport Relief is a brand new fundraising event that will take place during the Swimathon weekend on the 27-29 April 2012.
Swimmers can take part individually or as part of a team to complete the mile.
The event will be hosted in 600 pools across the UK and will provide people with a personal challenge, a goal to train and great causes to support.
To register your interest or to find out more go to the official Swimathon site .
For more information on how you can get involved with swimming, visit the Big Splash website .
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview