BBC Sports Personality of the Year tickets sold out
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2012
- Venue: ExCel London
- Date: Sunday, 16 December
- Time: 19:30 GMT
Coverage: Live on BBC One, BBC Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website
The remaining tickets for BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2012 have sold out in 40 minutes.
Sports Personality of the Year 2012 shortlist expert panel
- Director of BBC Sport - Barbara Slater (chair)
- BBC head of TV Sport - Philip Bernie
- Executive editor of BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Carl Doran
- From BBC Radio 5 live - Eleanor Oldroyd (presenter, 5 live Sport)
- Three newspaper sports editors (rotated annually) - in 2012, Mike Dunn (sports editor, the Sun), Lee Clayton (head of sport, Daily Mail), Matthew Hancock (sports editor, the Observer)
- A pan-sports broadcaster/journalist - Sue Mott
- Three former SPOTY nominees (appointed annually) - in 2012, Sir Steve Redgrave, Baroness Grey-Thompson and Denise Lewis
- Baroness Campbell, chair of UK Sport
The event, at London's 15,000-capacity ExCeL on Sunday, 16 December, promises to be the biggest in the programme's 59-year history after a golden summer.
There are still a limited number of disabled places available, to book these please call 0333 567 0153.
Sue Barker, Gary Lineker and Clare Balding will host the 2012 review.
The 12 contenders for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award will be announced on The One Show at 19:00 GMT on Monday, 26 November.
With an increased shortlist of 12, in recognition of the unprecedented success of UK sportsmen and women this year, the competition for the coveted title will be one of the most hotly contested in the show's history.
London 2012 volunteers and young people are to share 1,000 free tickets.
Five hundred tickets will be given to volunteers through a random ballot and the same amount will be handed to young people from the six Olympic and Paralympic host boroughs.