Worcester Warriors: Prop Jeremy Becasseau becomes 13th signing
Worcester Warriors have signed French prop Jeremy Becasseau as cover for the injured George Porter, their 13th recruit for next season.
The 21-year-old has moved from Stade Francais, following in the footsteps of stand-off Paul Warwick, who agreed to make the same switch back in January.
Worcester signings for 2013-14
- Ignacio Mieres (Exeter)
- Paul Warwick (Stade Francais)
- Paul Stephenson (Bedford)
- Leonardo Senatore (Toulon)
- Agustin Creevy (Montpellier)
- Mike Williams (Blue Bulls)
- Ofa Fanga'anuku (Glasgow Warriors)
- Paul Andrew (Cornish Pirates)
- Chris Brooker (Harlequins)
- Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys)
- Jeremy Su'a (Canterbury Crusaders)
- Cameron Goodhue (Auckland Blues)
- Jeremy Becasseau (Stade Francais)
Becasseau is the fifth player to be signed by new Warriors boss Dean Ryan.
"Jeremy is a driven and ambitious young man who is coming over determined to make an impression," he said.
"We were alerted to his potential and, in the context of the current injury we have to George Porter ahead of next season, we are pleased to have secured someone of his abilities at such short notice."
Porter will not be fit for the start of the coming campaign, having missed much of last season after undergoing shoulder surgery.
Becasseau played three times for Stade Francais in the Top 14 last season, as well as eight games in the Amlin Challenge Cup, but was on the bench when the French side appeared in the final.
"His path forward has been blocked at Stade Francais by a number of high profile signings and so he is taking this opportunity to really push himself," Ryan added.
"I like his attitude and the ambition he is showing. He is stepping out of his comfort zone because he wants to succeed."