Lions 2013: Australia's Scott Higginbotham out of Test series
Australia flanker Scott Higginbotham will miss the British & Irish Lions Test series after it was confirmed he requires shoulder surgery.
He dislocated his shoulder playing for Melbourne Rebels last Friday and scans revealed extensive ligament damage.
Lions fixture list
- Wed 5 June: Western Force, Perth
- Sat 8 June: Queensland Reds, Brisbane
- Tue 11 June: Combined New South Wales-Queensland Country, Newcastle
- Sat 15 June: New South Wales Waratahs, Sydney
- Tue 18 June: ACT Brumbies, Canberra
- Sat 22 June: Australia, First Test, Brisbane
- Tue 25 June: Melbourne Rebels, Melbourne
- Sat 29 June: Australia, Second Test, Melbourne
- Sat 6 July: Australia, Third Test, Sydney
He is the fifth frontline Wallaby to be ruled out of the series starting in Brisbane on 22 June.
Flankers David Pocock and George Smith, hooker Tataful Polota-Nau and lock Sitaleki Timani are already sidelined.
Wing Digby Ioane is also likely to miss at least the first Test as he recovers from knee cartilage surgery.
But full-back Kurtley Beale appears likely to be considered after returning to action following treatment for alcohol-related issues.
Beale has been training with the Wallabies squad this week.
Coach Robbie Deans has already called up Western Force flanker Ben McCalman, New South Wales lock Kane Douglas and Melbourne Rebels scrum-half Nick Phipps into his training squad.
He is set to summon a further six players after this weekend's Super 15 matches.
Revised Australia 25-man squad:
Backs: Berrick Barnes, Nick Cummins, Israel Folau, Joe Tomane; Adam Ashley-Cooper, Rob Horne, Christian Lealiifano, James O'Connor, Will Genia, Nick Phipps.
Forwards: Saia Fainga'a, Stephen Moore; Ben Alexander, Sekope Kepu, Benn Robinson, James Slipper; Kane Douglas, James Horwill, Rob Simmons; Dave Dennis, Liam Gill, Michael Hooper, Ben McCalman, Ben Mowen, Wycliff Palu,