Kevin Sinfield and Sam Tomkins make 2012 Golden Boot shortlist
England internationals Kevin Sinfield and Sam Tomkins have made the six-man shortlist for rugby league's 2012 World Player of the Year award.
Recent Golden Boot winners
- 2011: Johnathan Thurston (Australia)
- 2010: Benji Marshall (New Zealand)
- 2009: Greg Inglis (Australia)
- 2008: Billy Slater (Australia)
- 2007: Cameron Smith (Australia)
- 2006: Darren Lockyer (Australia)
Wigan full-back Tomkins, 23, was named Super League Man of Steel for 2012.
The others vying for the Golden Boot award are Australia's Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk, Ben Barba and Nate Myles.
The winner will be announced in Rugby League World magazine on 4 January.
The last British winner of the most prestigious individual award in rugby league was former Wigan and England captain Andrew Farrell, in 2004.
Sinfield, who played the season with a fractured wrist, and Tomkins were also part of the England side which won the Autumn International Series against France and Wales.