Olympics swimming: Rebecca Soni breaks breastroke world record
American Rebecca Soni secures a place in the 200m breaststroke final by setting a new world record of two minutes and 20.00 secs.
Her time erased 0.12 off the previous world record of 2:20.12, set by Canada's Annamay Pierse at the 2009 world championships in Rome.
Soni qualified for Thursday's final more than two seconds ahead of her nearest rival, Denmark's Rikke Pedersen.
Available to UK users only.
More from Olympics
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview