Bradley Wiggins wins Olympics gold in cycling time trial
Bradley Wiggins dominates the time trial to secure a sensational gold and claim a British record seventh Olympic medal.
The 32-year-old, who became the Tour de France's first British winner on 22 July, is the first man to win the yellow jersey and Olympic gold in the same year after an imperious performance in the 44km time trial at Hampton Court.
It is Wiggins's fourth Olympic gold and his seventh medal in all, surpassing Sir Steve Redgrave's British record haul. BBC Sports Drew Savage reports.
Available to UK users only.
More from Olympics
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany