- singles world number four and winner of 22 singles and two doubles titles
- winner of 2007 Wimbledon mixed doubles (with Jelena Jankovic)
- doubles world number 30
- doubles world number 31 who, with Fleming, reached the final of the Hall of Fame Championships in July 2012
- world singles number 100 and former British number one
- currently ranked number 76 in the world
- winner of Wimbledon girls' singles in 2008 and current world number 91
- new British singles number one, ranked number 71 overall
"Last Olympics I played in Cincinatti a week before the Games started and arrived three days before," he said. "It was not ideal preparation and I did not understand how much the Olympics meant to me.
"After I lost, it hit me hard. This time I will have been training for two and a half weeks."
In addition to singles action, Murray will also be playing doubles with brother Jamie, who has claimed he would put success in London ahead of winning any other tournament.
"If I could win a gold medal at an Olympic Games or win a Grand Slam I'd take a gold medal, especially here in a home Games," said the older Murray brother.
"When Andy and I play at our best we're probably as good as anyone else out there and I think we're more than capable of competing with any other nation."
Elena Baltacha, Anne Keothavong, Laura Robson, Heather Watson, Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchings complete Britain's Olympics tennis team, with the latter two pairings competing in the doubles only.
For Baltacha, who was involved in the Olympic torch relay, the Games have an added significance.
"This is very special for me because my dad [footballer Sergei Baltacha] won a bronze medal in the 1980 Moscow Olympics [playing for the USSR] and my mum [heptathlete Olga] was picked to compete but she couldn't go in the end because she had to look after my brother [former St Mirren and Millwall footballer Sergei Jr]," she said.
"It's amazing for me to be an Olympian now and to continue this legacy in my family."
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.