Barry Davies on Black Power at the 1968 Olympics
Barry Davies recalls the effect of two American athletes' 'Black Power salute' on the Mexico City 1968 Olympic Games.
Tommie Smith and John Carlos mounted the podium, each wearing one black glove, in protest at their treatment and lack of recognition back home in the United States.
In the build-up to London 2012, and after 44 years of Olympic broadcasting, Davies selects his 10 most memorable moments from previous Games.
More from Olympics
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Cherries shock Man Utd
- Watch video 'Electric' Welbeck pleases Wenger
- Watch video Sofa & PlayStation - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho