Olympic Moments: Jet pack man gets LA off to a flyer
The opening ceremony for the Olympic Games in Los Angeles in 1984 makes a memorable start as a man with a jet pack flies into the stadium to help light the flame.
Rafer Johnson, winner of the decathlon at the 1960 Summer Olympics, lights the torch as a specially designed flammable Olympic logo ignites the cauldron.
Available to UK users only.
More from Olympics
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'