Olympic Moments: Michael Phelps' historic eight golds at Beijing 2008
BBC Sport re-lives the magical moment from the Beijing Games when Michael Phelps makes sporting history and wins eight gold medals in a single Olympic Games.
The American breaks Mark Spitz's 36-year-old record of seven gold medals as he wins each one of his eight swimming events.
Phelps, who won seven golds at the Athens Games in 2004, secured victories in the 400m individual medley, 4x100m freestyle relay, 200m freestyle, 4x200m freestyle relay, 200m individual medley, 100m butterfly and 4x100m medley relay.
Available to UK users only.
More from Olympics
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut