MotoGP: Stefan Bradl sets the pace in Brno practice
Stefan Bradl produced a late quick lap to set the fastest time in practice for Sunday's Czech Republic Grand Prix.
Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo had been quickest all day until the German rider edged ahead of him at the end of the afternoon session.
Lorenzo was second, with fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa in third place and Valentino Rossi in fourth.
Current series leader Marc Marquez was fifth, with Britain's Cal Crutchlow in sixth on his Tech 3 Yamaha.
MotoGP title standings
Marc Marquez (Spa) - 188 points
Dani Pedrosa (Spa) - 167 points
Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) - 153 points
Valentino Rossi (Ita) - 130 points
Cal Crutchlow (Gbr) - 127 points
Bradl, 23, took his first pole position two races ago at Laguna Seca, where he scored a career-best finish of second place.
Crutchlow, 27, said: "It wasn't an easy first day here in Brno but the positive point is I was very consistent and the lap times between the top six are very close.
"We need to improve the bike, so I am hoping it stays dry tomorrow and we can try the modifications we need to improve. I can't turn the bike well and I am also struggling a little bit for rear grip.
"I got my first podium in Brno last year and it would be great to repeat that achievement on Sunday. It will be tough but I will be giving it my all."
Meanwhile, American rider Ben Spies - who injured his shoulder last weekend in Indianapolis - has had surgery on both shoulders in Dallas and will be missing for six to 12 weeks.
His place in the Pramac Ducati team this weekend has again been taken by Michele Pirro, who ended the day in 13th place.
Czech Republic Grand Prix
- Venue: Brno, Czech Republic
- Saturday 24 August: Qualifying, 11:20 BST BBC Red Button and Online
- Sunday 25 August: Moto2 race, 10:05 BBC Red Button; MotoGP race 11:30 BBC Two/BBC Two HD; MotoGP Extra, 13:00 BBC Red Button; Moto3, 13:30 BBC Red Button. All content Online
Brno practice times
1. S. Bradl (Ger) LCR Honda 1'56.500
2. J. Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 1'56.538
3. D. Pedrosa (Spa) Repsol Honda 1'56.600
4. V. Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1'56.726
5. M. Marquez (Spa) Repsol Honda 1'56.733
6. C. Crutchlow (GBR) Tech 3 Yamaha 1'56.800
7. B. Smith (GBR) Tech 3 Yamaha 1'57.351
8. A. Bautista (Spa) Gresini Honda 1'57.401
9. A. Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1'57.754
10. N. Hayden (USA) Ducati 1'57.896