Pentathlete Jamie Cooke thrilled to book 2012 place
Modern Pentathlete Jamie Cooke is delighted after a fourth-place finish at the European Championships at Medway Park earns him a place in the GB 2012 Olympic squad.
The 20-year-old broke his own world record and became the first modern pentathlete to dip under the 1 minute 50 second mark in the 200m freestyle en-route to securing his London Games position.
The 2011 European Championship title was won by two-time Olympic champion Andrei Moiseev of Russia.
Whilst Cooke achieved the Olympic qualification standard he could still be edged out by teammates Nick Woodridge and Sam Weale if they better his fourth place finish or achieve a higher world ranking, until the end of the qualification period in June 2012.
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Sutton's huge upset
- Watch video The story of The Rumble in the Jungle
- Watch video Table tennis star's costly celebration
- Watch video Robinson 'excited' by Burgess switch
- Watch video Six famous rugby cross-code converts
- Watch video NFL London franchise 'a great thing'