Jockey Richard Hughes on his battle with alcoholism
Richard Hughes talks candidly to BBC Sport's Mick Fitzgerald about his battle with alcoholism and the impact it has had on the lives of both him and his wife Lizzie.
Hughes believes he would be "in the gutter" without his wife's support in battling the disease, and reveals he has to remind himself every day that he is an alcoholic in order to stay "on the straight and narrow".
The flat jockey made the headlines last year after giving up his riding licence in protest at new whip regulations.
More from Horse Racing
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McNish's guide to perfect Suzuka lap
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Bournemouth shock Man Utd
- Watch video Rodgers rues conceding 'soft' goal
- Watch video Wenger 'didn't realise' Welbeck was so fast
- Watch video Sofas & computer games - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga