Open 2014: A look back at The Open's 'heroes'
The Open Championship 2014
- Venue: Royal Liverpool Golf Club
- Date: 17-20 July
Coverage: Live on BBC TV, HD, Red Button, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Sport website, mobile & app, and Connected TVs
BBC Sport looks back on five different types of winner to lift the Claret Jug over the years, including 'The Brit', 'The Rookie' and 'The Veteran'.
Paul Lawrie's superb 10-stroke comeback in 1999 features, along with Phil Mickelson's winning moment from 2013 and a young Seve Ballesteros sealing victory in 1979.
The 143rd Open Championship will begin on Thursday 17 July at Royal Liverpool Golf Club.
Available to UK users only.
More from Golf
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany