Open 2014: A look back at The Open's 'heroes'
The Open Championship 2014
- Venue: Royal Liverpool Golf Club
- Date: 17-20 July
Coverage: Live on BBC TV, HD, Red Button, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Sport website, mobile & app, and Connected TVs
BBC Sport looks back on five different types of winner to lift the Claret Jug over the years, including 'The Brit', 'The Rookie' and 'The Veteran'.
Paul Lawrie's superb 10-stroke comeback in 1999 features, along with Phil Mickelson's winning moment from 2013 and a young Seve Ballesteros sealing victory in 1979.
The 143rd Open Championship will begin on Thursday 17 July at Royal Liverpool Golf Club.
Available to UK users only.
More from Golf
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Anderson thankful record talk is over
- Watch video Breaststroke world record for GB's Peaty
- Watch video Flintoff pays tribute to 'special' Anderson
- Watch video GB ice hockey star's amazing penalty
- Watch video Ferrari set Bahrain practice pace
- Watch video Playing Man Utd is easy - Mourinho