Darren Clarke donates Open medal to Royal Portrush
At a news conference to mark his homecoming after his Open win, Darren Clarke unexpectedly donates his Open gold medal to the captain of the Royal Portrush Golf Club, Phillip Tweedie.
Clarke won by three shots at Royal St George's to become only the second Northern Irishman to lift the Claret Jug. The 42-year-old said he wanted his medal to sit in the Royal Portrush trophy cabinet alongside the one won by Fred Daly in 1947.
More from Golf
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Cherries shock Man Utd
- Watch video 'Electric' Welbeck pleases Wenger
- Watch video Sofa & PlayStation - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho