Glasgow 2014: Nicola Adams' mum on daughter's fight to make history
It takes grit, determination and sacrifice not only to be a champion, but to raise a champion.
Dee Adams - mother of London 2012 Olympic boxing gold medallist Nicola Adams - looks back at her daughter's childhood and recounts how she was, by and large, a little girl just like any other.
She also remembers how Nicola first got into boxing, how the family struggled financially at times, and how sport kept her daughter out of trouble as a teenager.
If you would like to try boxing, take a look at our handy guide.
More from Get Inspired
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut