Beauty queen aims to lift Commonwealth gold in Glasgow
Sarah Davies is hoping to compete for weightlifting glory at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow this summer, while at the same time proving that beauty and brawn are not mutually exclusive.
The former Miss Leeds recently took an individual bronze as England secured victory in the annual Tri-Nations tournament against Sweden and Norway as the team warmed up for Glasgow.
A rising star in weightlifting, Sarah has her sights set Glasgow and the 2016 Olympics in Rio, however, she is also training to be a PE teacher and hopes to inspire others to take up weightlifting as a sport.
If you would like to find out more about weightlifting and how to get involved near you, go to our Get Inspired: Weightlifting pages.
More from Get Inspired
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Cook had 'refreshing & enjoyable' break
- Watch video Sterling 'motivated by trophies not money'
- Watch video Raheem Sterling - the extended interview
- Watch video Watch jockey Lewis Ferguson's spectacular fall
- Watch video England 'upset' with first-half display
- Watch video Bale's basketball half-court hat-trick