Luol Deng's first coach gives Pinsent basketball masterclass
Inspire: The Olympic Journey
- Date: Saturday 31 August
- Time: 13:00 BST
Coverage: BBC One
Sir Matthew Pinsent catches up with NBA superstar Luol Deng and gets put through his paces by Deng's first coach Jimmy Rogers for Inspire: The Olympic Journey.
In the programme, Pinsent speaks to the Chicago Bulls legend while visiting a basketball project at Crystal Palace and the four-time Olympic rowing champion also headed to Brixton, the area Deng grew up after moving to the country from Sudan.
Deng talks about how his basketball career began and praises his first coach Rogers, who helped push him to stardom.
Also in Saturday's Inspire programme, Gabby Logan visits London's Hackney Marshes to learn more about projects designed to get young people involved in sport.
Katherine Grainger spends time with Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee in an attempt to find out about their triathlon secret, while Helen Skelton meets slopestyle skier and Winter Olympics medal prospect James Woods in his home town of Sheffield.
For more information about how you can get involved in sport near you to to our Get Inspired pages.
More from Get Inspired
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video 'Chelsea face biggest task against Arsenal'
- Watch video 'Relegated?! You are having a laugh!'
- Watch video I won't miss hospitals - McCoy retires
- Watch video O'Sullivan nearly snaps cue in half
- Watch video GB's Holland wins first triathlon title
- Watch video A lot of hard work still to do - Pearson