It takes more than strength to master it, plus you can be any size and build to take part. Find out how to get started.
Badminton exercises your upper torso, your core and your lower body during a game. Refresh your routine and give it a try.
Get Inspired this week
- Watch video Taekwondo's Cho on overcoming bullying
- Watch video Huth swaps boots for tennis racquet
- Watch video NFL touches down in Belfast
- Watch video Kevin Magnussen: F1's rising star
- Watch video Trail blazer for female coaches
- Watch video Time to nominate your unsung hero
- Watch video Ironman: "...it's a mental challenge"
- Watch video Badminton league can inspire - Emms
- Watch video "Everyone's a superhero"
- Watch video World champion surprise visit
- Watch video Radio 2 bounce for glory
- Watch video "It's more than just a dance..."
- Watch video Gallacher's golf tips for beginners
- Watch video 'I don't mind being the underdog'
- Watch video Keri-Anne Payne's top swimming tips
- Watch video Halfpenny shares rugby memories
- Watch video Scotland's all ability cycle centre
- Watch video 'I've broken my legs 26 times'
- Watch video 'Kids must dream big!' - Menelik
Watch, listen, try something new
- Watch video What happens when you speed up golf?
- Watch video Becoming Bollywood by Ryan Ralph
- Watch video Radio 1 boys vs England netballers
- Watch video The table tennis star with no arms
- Watch video Learn to swim with Becky Adlington
- Watch video Meet Britain's strongest schoolgirl
- Watch video "she used to play with dolls..."
- Watch video Sporting chance for Games visitors
- Watch video Get to grips with touch rugby
- Watch video 'Anyone can get into sailing!' - Giles Scott
- Watch video Robshaw & Mitchell's guide to sevens
Who else is Getting Inspired?
From archery to water polo, we have information on more than 70 activities you can be involved in.
The legendary jockey will come face-to-face with potential stars of the future for a special Jockey’s Question Time on BBC Radio 5 live. Listen here.
Tips, hints & insights
Learn a new skill, improve your game & get inspiration from top athletes.
Inspirational people like you
Films about people who are using getting active as an excuse to have fun & learn something new
Take the quiz and find out which Commonwealth inspired activity best suits you