British GP: Why was the race red flagged for an hour?
BBC F1 pit-lane reporter Tom Clarkson explains why the 2014 British Grand Prix at Silverstone was delayed by an hour due to barrier repair work.
The race was suspended for nearly an hour for barriers to be repaired following Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen's high speed crash on the opening lap.
Mercedes team boss Niki Lauda had criticised the decision to red flag the race, calling it "crazy" and "ridiculous".
Available to UK users only.
More from Formula 1
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video 'Chelsea face biggest task against Arsenal'
- Watch video 'Relegated?! You are having a laugh!'
- Watch video I won't miss hospitals - McCoy retires
- Watch video O'Sullivan nearly snaps cue in half
- Watch video GB's Holland wins first triathlon title
- Watch video A lot of hard work still to do - Pearson