British GP: Why was the race red flagged for an hour?
BBC F1 pit-lane reporter Tom Clarkson explains why the 2014 British Grand Prix at Silverstone was delayed by an hour due to barrier repair work.
The race was suspended for nearly an hour for barriers to be repaired following Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen's high speed crash on the opening lap.
Mercedes team boss Niki Lauda had criticised the decision to red flag the race, calling it "crazy" and "ridiculous".
Available to UK users only.
More from Formula 1
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Mourinho will take a 'risk' on Costa
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Owen's solo effort
- Watch video I will not quit - Newcastle's Pardew
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Buzaglo sinks WBA