Formula 1: Bahrain government stupid to host GP - Ecclestone
Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone says the Bahrain government are "stupid" to host a Grand Prix, because of the opportunity it presents to political protestors.
The event two years ago was first postponed and later cancelled after month-long pro-democracy protests were crushed.
Asked by BBC Sport's Dan Roan whether he would ever consider taking F1 to other countries experiencing political unrest, such as Syria, Ecclestone replied: "We'd have to have a look and see."
Available to UK users only
Bahrain Grand Prix, day two
- Saturday, 20 April: Qualifying: 12:00 BST, live text commentary online and on 5 live 12:25 BST. Qualifying highlights: 17:10 BST, BBC One & BBC HD
Bahrain Grand Prix, day three
- Sunday, 21 April: Race: 13:00 BST, on 5 live and live text commentary online. Race highlights: 17:00 BST, BBC One & BBC HD
More from Formula 1
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany