Jean-Eric Vergne handed Toro Rosso practice drive in Korea
Korean Grand Prix
- Venue: Yeongam
- Date: 14-16 October
- Friday 14 October: 1st practice: 0155-0335; 2nd practice: 0555-0735 (both on BBC Red Button/online/5 live sports extra)
- Saturday 15 October: 3rd practice: 0255-0405, BBC Red Button/online/ 5 live; Qualifying: 0500-0730, BBC One/online/5 live sports extra; Qualifying (repeat): 1300-1415, BBC One/online
- Sunday 16 October: Race: 0600-0915, BBC One/BBC Red Button/online/5 live; Forum: 0910-1015, BBC Red Button/ online; Race (repeat): 1500-1700, BBC One; Highlights: 1900-2000, BBC Three
Toro Rosso will hand Jean-Eric Vergne the chance to drive in first practice for this weekend's Korean Grand Prix.
The 21-year-old finished as runner-up in the Renault World Series last weekend and will make his Formula 1 debut at the Yeongam track.
The Frenchman will take over Jaime Alguersuari's car for the 90-minute session.
Jean-Eric Vergne Profile
- Born: 25 April 1990
- Birthplace: Pontoise, France
- Racing series: Renault World Series
- Current team: Carlin
- Final championship position: 2nd
- Renault World Series wins: 5
Vergne will then return in Abu Dhabi in Sebastian Buemi's car and will also drive in the final round in Brazil.
BBC Sport revealed in August that the youngster would get his chance and he is in the running for a future drive at both Toro Rosso and, eventually, Red Bull.
Daniel Ricciardo competed in free practice sessions for Toro Rosso this season until Red Bull paid lowly Hispania to give him a race seat from the British Grand Prix.
Red Bull are trying to establish which of their junior drivers - if any - are good enough to eventually replace Mark Webber as Sebastian Vettel's team-mate at the headline team.