Classic Italian Grand Prix 1978 - Lauda wins tragic race at Monza
Watch highlights as Niki Lauda wins the 1978 Italian Grand Prix. Mario Andretti and Gilles Villeneuve are each given a 60-second penalty for jumping the start at Monza.
For editorial reasons these highlights do not include the first start of the race, when Sweden's Ronnie Peterson was involved in a multi-car pile-up and suffered injuries which led to his death the following day.
Available to UK users only.
More from Formula 1
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Highlights: Finn shines for England
- Watch video All you need to know about Klopp
- Watch video Fifa needs to start again - Lineker
- Listen to audio NI qualification 'one of our better nights'
- Watch video Incredible what we've done - Hamilton
- Watch video Beckham: Last goal in Dads v Teachers