Mario Balotelli risk worth taking - Liverpool boss Rodgers
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Mario Balotelli, a £16m signing from AC Milan, is a "risk worth taking" after the striker watched his new side's 3-1 defeat at champions Manchester City.
The Reds "switched off" in allowing Stevan Jovetic the first goal, with the Montenegro international adding a second shortly after half-time.
Sergio Aguero then scored 23 seconds after coming on as a substitute, before Pablo Zabaleta conceded an own goal under pressure at the back post.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Sterling 'motivated by trophies not money'
- Watch video Raheem Sterling - the extended interview
- Watch video Watch jockey Lewis Ferguson's spectacular fall
- Watch video England 'upset' with first-half display
- Watch video Bale's basketball half-court hat-trick
- Watch video McGregor defends mixed martial arts